Now’s the time, if there ever was, to set out on a new adventure. The first month of the year marks the time when we set new goals for ourselves, but also, challenge ourselves to reach outside our comfort zone. When it comes to biking you have a number of options to explore, no matter your current riding style and preference, so let’s get to it and break it down for ya...
If Your Current Passion is Road Cycling:
Try your hand at:
- Clyclocross - a little mud, a little sweat, and maybe even a few tears makes this friendly and dirty competition something you won’t soon forget. CX season runs through the Fall into January/February and lucky you! Palm Bay offers a permanent CX course, open year ‘round should you want to train before entering our Infinity Cross in 2015.
- Triathlon - we’ve seen it happen time and time again… cyclists get that itch to run AND swim AND ride. If you haven’t competed in one yet, maybe 2015 is the year to cross that one off your list. :)
- Computrainer - are you looking to build your muscle and fitness? We’ve mentioned it before, but that’s only because we know what works. Get yourself signed up for one of our computrainer classes and Phil will get you whipped into shape in no time. No more getting dropped on group rides for you!
If Your Current Passion is Mountain Biking:
Try your hand at:
- Clyclocross - You already know that a little mud doesn’t scare you, so why not take the challenge to the next level? CX season runs through the Fall into January/February and lucky you! Palm Bay offers a permanent CX course, open year ‘round should you want to train before entering our Infinity Cross in 2015.
- Join a Group Ride - We offer a popular Thursday Night mountain bike ride. Open to riders of all levels (20+ mile round trip from the shop down to turkey creek and back), this is a great way to branch out and meet other riders who share your passion.
- Try a Hash Ride - Add Beer and Debauchery to your riding experience by trying your hand at a hash ride! The Brevard Hash community site and events can be found at: http://losth3.bikehash.com/
If Your Current Passion is Cruising Around the Neighborhood:
Try your hand at:
- Mountain Biking - you’re probably riding a hybrid bike as it is, why not give yourself a bit more of a challenge and a adventure by taking it off road? Our area offers a number of trails in varying difficulty to ride which makes it a great place to get a good foundation. You can find local trail conditions on our site right here!
- Join a Group Ride - We offer a number of weekly rides (Friday morning Coffee Creep and Sunday morning Sunny Sundays to mention a couple of road rides) that make it easy to get out on your bike and meet a few new folks.
Time for New Gear?
This is also a great time to take a look at your gear and think about what improvements you can make to the tools you use every day in your riding.
- Time for new cleats? When was the last time you checked your cleats for wear? If you’re finding that you’ve got a lot of play in your pedals, your cleats might be the culprit. This is a cheap and easy thing to fix. Come into the shop and we can get you set up in no time.
- How’s that water bottle? Looking for an upgrade? The temps may be cool right now, but before you know it we’ll be cookin’ again. Consider an insulated bottle or a nice water pack to help keep you cool and hydrated on the roads and trails.
- Let’s get down to business, how’s your saddle? Are you finding it just isn’t working out for you? Don’t forget that we have our saddle demo program so you don’t have to settle for what came with your bike. Come in for a consult and we’ll help you get on the right track.
- Consider going with carbon fiber for your handlebars. Not only can carbon handlebars offer a wide variety of shapes for comfort, they’ll also reduce your bike’s overall weight. That’s a win/win for sure.
- Can’t stop riding? No, really, are your breaks worn down? Bring your bike in and we’ll take a look at your cables and pads to make sure you have the stopping power you need, when you need it.